An Advance Directive allows you to state your choices for healthcare or to name someone to make those choices for you in the event that you are unable to make those decisions yourself. Fundamentally, it empowers you to say "yes" or "no" to certain important treatment options.
Some documents you may wish to store include:
- Virginia Advance Directive Form for Healthcare with Sections for Medical, Mental and End-of-Life Care (short and full versions)
- Virginia Advance Directive Form to Appoint a Healthcare Agent
- Virginia Advance Medical Directive Form for Healthcare Decisions Day
- Virginia Advance Directive Amendment - Power of my Agent to Authorize Care over my Objection
- Virginia Advance Directive Amendment - Life Prolonging Treatments During Pregnancy